La Corvette Marseille - Olive Oil Marseille Soap Shavings 750g
The Marseille Olive Oil Soap Shavings are made from 100% natural vegetable oils and are palm oil free, dye-free, fragrance-free and free from preservatives.
They are hypoallergenic and allow you to do your laundry in an ecological cost effective way without the use of chemicals.
Dissolved in very hot water, this product is used to make its own laundry detergent. It is a natural and effective alternative to all synthetic detergents.
Wash all textiles including delicate textiles (silk, wool, lace…). Thanks to their hypoallergenic formulation, the soap chips are especially recommended for cleaning baby’s linen.
- For machine washing: in a 2l recovery can, dissolve 60g of chips in 1l of very hot water. Shake. Let it stand 24 hours. Mix again the detergent obtained and add 1L of cold water. Stir the whole thing. You can add baking soda to this detergent, essential oils for perfuming and/or white vinegar as a softening. Pour 100ml of the liquid obtained directly into your machine. Shake the detergent obtained before each use.
- For hand washing: in a basin, dissolve 10G of chips in very hot water and soak the linen. Rub and rinse.
Step by step directions:
- Get a 2 litres bottle.
- Put 60g of Soap Chips in the bottle.
- Add 1 Litre of hot(very hot…) water.
- Shake the bottle & leave it for 24hrs.
- Shake it again& add 1 more litre of room temperature water.
- If the detergent texture is gluey, that means you are doing it right
- Add some essential oil if you feel extra fancy…(e.g. lavender, tea-tree or citrus)
- Add a tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda for a whiter than white effect.
- Voilà! Your DIY laundry detergent is ready.
Certified by ECOCERT Marseille SOAP shavings are 100% of natural origin. They are ECODETERGENT certified by ECOCERT Greenlife according to the ECOCERT repository available at http://detergents.ecocert.com.
Also Certified by The Union of SOAP professionals in Marseille ensuring that the soap is made in:
- A traditional cooking process in the cauldron of the period
- A composition of the traditional Marseille soap from raw materials and exclusively vegetable oils, without additives, preservatives or perfumes,
- A place of manufacture in the department of Bouches-du-Rhône, the historical cradle of the soap of Marseille
Ingredients: SOAP 30% and more Ingredients: sodium Olivate, sodium cocoate, Aqua (water), sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide
- Made in France
- 750 grams
Who is La Corvette Marseille?
Founded in Marseille, France in 1894, Savonnerie du Midi is one of the last historic soap factories in Marseille to perpetuate the recipe and know-how of traditional Marseille soap.
Steeped in history, this factory is located at the bottom of the Carmes valley, in the Aygalades district in the 15th arrondissement of Marseille.