Moroccan Cactus Silk Feather Filled Cushion - Pink with White, White & Black Berber Motifs
Next to linen & velvet, Cactus Silk Cushions are becoming the most on trend cushions in homewares. Featuring in many magazines and used to style many homes, these works of art are "one off" pieces and will be in your family for years to come.
The process for making cactus silk has been the same for centuries and is an eco friendly material does not have any carbon footprint!
Cactus silk, otherwise known as Sabra Silk is loomed by hand, from fibres found in the Agave Cacti or Saharan Aloe Vera, which is a plant that can be found in the Sahara Desert.
The cacti's leaves are crushed and soaked until the fibres of the plant disperse. The fibres are then spun by hand in an old fashioned manner. Interestingly the fibres can be accessed just like finding the fibres from flax to make linen.
The cushions are then woven and hand-embroidered with Berber motifs by Berber woman in the Atlas Mountains of Morocco who are paid a fair wage for their craft.
The fabric is heavy and structured which makes it perfect as a throw pillow as it holds its shape, however still soft to touch.
All cushions come with a heavy weight duck feather filled cushion, made in Australia from ethically sourced duck feathers (from free range food production).
- Vegan silk made from Cactus, an eco-friendly plant
- Natural plant dyed
- Hand-woven, then hand-embroidered with Berber motifs from Berber woman in the Atlas Mountains of Morocco
- Ethical Manufacturing from fibre to final product
- Approximately 50 x 50cm
- Free range duck feather cushion insert included with a heavy weight of 1.1kg.
- These are "one off" pieces. Once this item sells, you will never see this design again.
- As each artisan hand-makes each cushion, they may have slight imperfections, which makes these cushions even more unique and beautiful.
- Dry Clean only
- Do not wet or spot clean
- No chemicals have been used to seal the dyes on these cushions. Due to this, liquid will affect the colour of the natural vegetable dyes and may cause the colour to run/transfer to other materials.
- Fabric & Upholstery Protector recommended to repel water and spills
Special Note: If you do not wish to include the inners, please email our sales team at email@example.com once you place your order and we will refund you the difference.
Who is Eco Republic?
Eco Republic offers offers eco & sustainable home and living products that wont damage you, our Artisans or our planet earth. Our goal is to offer you a solution, a product offering of trend-products that have been produced with you, the artisans who produced the product and the planet in mind.